Grand Rapids Theological Seminary is a multidenominational seminary located in west Michigan. We offer a variety of degree programs with unique specializations that provide specific training for ministry. Most of our students qualify for financial aid through grants, scholarships, and loans. Courses are offered in the block scheduling format meaning each class meets only one time each week throughout the morning, afternoon, and evening hours. For added flexibility with scheduling you can also take up to eight courses online and 2-week intensive classes are offered each January and during the summer semester. GRTS is part of Cornerstone University and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and the Association of Theological Schools.
Grand Rapids Theological Seminary prepares biblically and culturally informed ministry leaders for service through Christ’s church. The seminary exists to achieve the following six purposes:
- To advance biblical, theological and ministry knowledge and skill.
- To nurture theological, spiritual and leadership formation.
- To encourage the development of critical thinking and worldview formation governed by biblical teaching.
- To nurture a global ministry perspective.
- To enhance the cultural relevance of ministry practice within the bounds of a distinctively Christian theological framework.
- To encourage lifelong and collaborative learning.
Accreditation: Association of Theological Schools, Higher Learning Commission
1001 E Beltline Ave
Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Admissions email: Seminary@Cornerstone.edu
President: Dr. Joseph M Stowell
Vice President: Dr. John Verberkmoes
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Theology
- MA Counseling
- MA Christian Formation
- MA Interdisciplinary Studies
Comprehensive distance ed program: Yes
Fall 2016 Data
Full-time faculty: 9
Part-time faculty: 8