Concordia Lutheran Seminary is beautifully situated on the towering north bank of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The windows of the seminary chapel afford a commanding view of the river valley which is laced with trails for hiker and biker alike. The seminary is located on the same campus as Concordia University College of Alberta, the Lutheran Historical Institute, and the Alberta-British Columbia District Office of Lutheran Church-Canada. The setting fosters a climate of cultural integration, nourishes a sense of church history, and provides rich soil for the development of church music and the arts.
Edmonton is a vibrant prairie city located near the centre of the province of Alberta in western Canada, and is the provincial capital. The municipality of Edmonton is Canada’s fifth largest with a population of 712,391 based on the 2005 Civic Census. Edmonton’s Census Metropolitan Area (CMA) is the sixth largest in the country with a population estimated at 1,014,000.
Edmonton offers a wide variety of places to go and activities to enjoy at any time of the year. Known as Canada’s Festival City, Edmonton hosts over 30 festivals annually that celebrate music, food, culture, sports, theatre and more!
- To provide confessional Lutheran theological formation for students, pastors and laypeople.
- To graduate pastors to serve Lutheran Church—Canada, and other Churches, who are qualified, adaptable, and committed to being servants.
- To instill in students a desire to reach out with the Gospel.
- To utilize a variety of educational delivery systems.
- To foster communication between the Seminary and the Church
- To increase the financial vitality of the Seminary.
- The Holy Scriptures and the Lutheran Confessions as the Seminary’s source and norm for teaching and life.
- Our unique context as a seminary of Lutheran Church-Canada.
- A positive relationship between the seminary, the Church, and the wider community.
- The special mission given to the seminary by God and the Church: to carefully and faithfully prepare pastors for ministry.
- The gifts, talents, and qualifications present among the Seminary’s students, faculty and staff.
- Life-long learning by the Seminary’s students, faculty and staff.
- Relationships nurtured and shaped by Law and Gospel.
- Opportunities to provide confessional Lutheran theological education for the Church and throughout the wider community.
- The opportunity to provide theological formation in the Canadian context.
ATS Member Status: Accredited
7040 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton, AB T5B 4E3
Manfred Zeuch, President Ph: 780-474-1468
Stephen L. Chambers, Academic Dean Ph: 780-474-1468
Denomination: Lutheran Church-Canada
Fall 2010 Data:
Enrollment: 19 (14.5 FTE)
Faculty Full-Time: 3
Faculty Part-Time: 4
Approved Degrees: MDiv
Comprehensive distance education program: no
NOTE: Are you a marketing or admissions representative of Concordia Lutheran Seminary? We’d like to work with you to improve your page listing. Please contact us for more details.