Church Divinity School of the Pacific is a graduate theological seminary and center of theological study of the Episcopal church, and is a founding member of the ecumenical Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, California.
Responding to the challenges of contemporary society with the Good News of Jesus Christ, CDSP, a seminary of the Episcopal Church, rooted in our Anglican identity and tradition, provides quality theological education that integrates scholarship, reflection, worship, spirituality, and the practice of ministry.
We fulfill our mission in dialogue with a changing church and world. Committed to an innovative vision of theological education, CDSP:
- Serves as a resource for the mission of the Church.
- Embraces diversity as a gift of the Spirit and an outcome of the Gospel.
- Understands social justice as a core expression of the Gospel.
- Trains the widest possible variety of effective lay and ordained ministers.
- Forms skillful and empowering leaders for mission.
- Engages in responsive and proactive partnerships in ministry development.
- Gathers and creates communities from across the church for learning, spiritual enrichment and mission.
- Calls the church to re-imagine its mission and ministry in light of conflicting cultural values.
- Cooperates and collaborates with the GTU and other partners worldwide.
Church Divinity School of the Pacific is the official seminary of the Province of the Pacific of the Episcopal Church.
ATS Member Status: Accredited
2451 Ridge Road
Berkeley, CA 94709-1217
W. Mark Richardson, President and Dean Ph: 510-204-0733
Linda Lee Clader, Dean of Academic Affairs Ph: 510-204-0730
Denomination: Episcopal Church
Fall 2010 Data:
Enrollment: 74 (55.3 FTE)
Faculty Full-Time: 10
Faculty Part-Time: 13
Approved Degrees: MDiv, MTS, DMin
Comprehensive distance education program: yes
NOTE: Are you a marketing or admissions representative of Church Divinity School of the Pacific? We’d like to work with you to improve your page listing. Please contact us for more details.