Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary (SEBTS) opened its doors in 1950 and over 60 years since then our student body has grown to 2,800 students. Our reach from Wake Forest, North Carolina now extends across the globe. We aim to make God’s Kingdom vision of people from every tribe, tongue and nation worshiping Christ together a reality on our campus and in our churches (Revelation 7:9).
Southeastern trains Great Commission-minded ministers of the Gospel. The seminary is an institution of higher learning and a Cooperative Program ministry of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC).
Men and women can be equipped through 40 different programs with degrees ranging from Associate of Divinity to Doctor of Philosophy, including our flagship degree, the Master of Divinity.
In 1994, the Trustees of SEBTS established the undergraduate program now known as The College at Southeastern.
In addition to degrees following biblical studies tracks, The College at Southeastern gives students great flexibility in their academic pursuits by also offering degree tracks like English and History. All students automatically earn a minor in Christian Studies and are able to complete a second minor in tracks ranging from Business to Theology. During their Christian Studies courses, college students are able to study under the same professors and learn considerable content taught at the seminary level.
SEBTS also boasts a certificate program, allowing anyone anywhere to experience teaching from our world-class faculty at their own pace. Equipping the believer to grow in their knowledge of Scripture and live out the great commission wherever they are, SEBTS Go Certificate courses cover much of the same content that is delivered in the seminary classroom.
Consider joining us at Southeastern, where our mission is “to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by equipping students to serve the church and fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).”
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Commission on Accrediting of The Association of Theological Schools
120 S Wingate Street
Wake Forest, NC 27587
Admissions email: email@example.com
President: Dr. Daniel Akin
Vice President: Bruce Ashford, Provost and Dean of Faculty
Denomination: Southern Baptist Convention
College at Southeastern Undergraduate and Graduate Degree Programs
Bachelor of Arts
- Biblical Studies
- Global Studies
- History (Pre-law track)
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Justice and Social Ethics
- Pastoral Ministry
- Pastoral Ministry (w/ 5-Year BA/MDiv Option)
- Social Studies
- Student Ministry
- Worship Ministry
- Apologetics Minor
- Biblical Studies Minor
- Business Minor
- English as a Second Language Minor
- English Minor
- Global Studies Minor
- History Minor
- Humanities Minor
- Justice and Social Ethics Minor
- Missions Minor
- Music Minor
- Organizational Leadership Minor
- Pastoral Ministry Minor
- Preaching Minor
- Psychology Minor
- Student Ministry Minor
- Theology Minor
- Writing, Rhetoric, and Communication Minor
Bachelor of Science
Vocational and General Master of Arts
Master of Divinity
- *Master of Divinity, M.Div. (Basic Description and Core Curriculum)
- 5-Year BA/MDiv Track, M.Div.
- Advanced Biblical Studies Track, M.Div.
- Advanced Master of Divinity, M.Div.
- Biblical Counseling Track, M.Div.
- Christian Apologetics Track, M.Div.
- Christian Ethics Track, M.Div.
- Christian Ministry Track, M.Div.
- International Church Planting Track, M.Div.
- Ministry Leadership Track, M.Div.
- Ministry to Women Track, M.Div.
- Missiology Track, M.Div.
- Next Generation Ministry Track, M.Div.
- North American Church Planting Track, M.Div.
- Preaching and Pastoral Ministry Track, M.Div.
- Worship Leadership Track, M.Div.
Vocational and General Master of Arts
- Biblical Counseling, M.A.
- Christian Education and Biblical Counseling, M.A.
- Christian Education, M.A.
- Christian Marital, Family, and Individual Counseling, M.A.*
- Christian Ministry, M.A. [Mentored]*
- Church Planting, M.A.
- Ministry Leadership, M.A.
- Ministry to Women, M.A.
Research Master of Arts
- Apologetics and Christian Philosophy, M.A.
- Biblical and Theological Studies, M.A.
- Biblical Languages, M.A.
- Christian Studies, M.A.
- Ethics, Theology, and Culture, M.A.
- New Testament, M.A.
- Old Testament, M.A.
Master of Theological Studies
Doctor of Ministry
Doctor of Education
Doctor of Philosophy
Comprehensive distance ed program (Y/N): Yes
Fall 2016 Data:
Full-time faculty: 57
Part-time faculty: 55