Ashland Seminary integrates theological education with Christ-centered transformation to equip men and women for ministry in the church and the world. We invite you to explore our core values, history, statement of faith and The Table magazine to get to know us a little better.
Our faculty share a commitment to a biblical and faith balanced approach with a broad diversity of denominational traditions within the Christian church. Our faith in Christ allows us to be united even as a diverse community of believers. The values of excellence in teaching and professional development through research are kept in balance to create the best learning environment for our students.
Students enjoy a program that is both accessible and affordable. Ashland offers degrees in Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH; and Detroit MI as well as online courses and diplomas and certificates. Every student can mix and match classes from each of our centers and online to craft a degree that fits their schedule and creates a learning community where a student can be known by professors and peers.
Ashland students also enjoy worship services, journey groups, and athletic competitions that include faculty and administrators.
All these things help our students to:
- Learn critical thinking and practical ministry skills
- Discover more about their faith through a diverse community of peers.
- Develop lasting relationships with faculty and friends.
- Explore and discern their calling.
- Enjoy a flexible curriculum including online courses.
- Ashland offers scholarships to our full-time students. Payment plans and free financial planning services can help you make the best financial decisions in financing your education.
- We also offers a partners in Ministry scholarship for spouses of students, which translates into 50% off their tuition.
- The LIFE 631 program (http://seminary.ashland.edu/academics/degree-programs/life631) is a residential face to face initiative that equips and empower students with spiritual formation for lifelong ministry. The program leads to the Masters of Divinity and Practical Theology. Students admitted into this program, can obtain up to a 100% residential scholarship.
Ashland Fast Facts:
- 70,000 Library Volumes (and growing) + Millions of Volumes through OhioLink
- 4,500 Alumni Around the World
- 600 Active Students
- 110 Years of History (founded in 1907)
- 70 + Denominations (historically represented in our student body)
- 20 Full Time Faculty
- Several Programs
- 4 Centers (Cleveland, Columbus, Ashland, Ohio, Detroit, Michigan)
- Ashland Theological Seminary is proud to be an organizational member of Christians for Biblical Equality
ATS Member Status: Accredited
910 Center Street
Ashland, OH 44805
Dr. Mark Harden, President
Dr. John Byron, Academic Dean
Denomination: Brethren Church (Ashland, Ohio)
Fall 2012 Data:
Enrollment: 744 (360 FTE)
Faculty FT: 26
Faculty PT: 60
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Master of Arts in Practical Theology
- MA Biblical Studies
- MA in Historical, Theological Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
Comprehensive distance education program: yes
Facebook – Friend us today.