Ashland integrates theological education with Christ-centered transformation to equip men and women for ministry in the church and the world. We invite you to explore our core values, history, statement of faith and The Tablemagazine to get a taste of who we are.
Our faculty share a commitment to a biblical, evangelical faith balanced with a broad diversity of denominational traditions within the Christian church. The values of excellence in teaching and professional development through research are kept in balance to create the best learning environment for our students.
Students enjoy a program that is both accessible and affordable. Ashland offers full degrees in Cleveland, OH; Columbus, OH; and Detroit MI as well as online courses and diplomas. Every student can mix and match classes from each of our centers and online to craft a degree that fits their schedule and creates a learning community where a student can be known by professors and peers.
Ashland offers scholarships to 95% of our full time students. Payment plans and free financial planning services can help you make the best financial decisions in financing your education. Ashland students also enjoy worship services, journey groups, and athletic competitions that include faculty and administrators. All these things help our students to:
- Learn critical thinking and practical ministry skills
- Discover more about your faith through a diverse community of peers.
- Develop lasting relationships with faculty and friends.
- Explore your calling.
- Enjoy a flexible curriculum including online courses.
Ashland Fast Facts:
- 70,000 Library Volumes (and growing) + Millions of Volumes through OhioLink
- 4,500 Alumni Around the World
- 800 Active Students
- 104 Years of History (founded in 1907)
- 70 + Denominations (did you know there were that many?)
- 30 Full Time Faculty
- 7 Degree Programs
- 4 Teaching Centers (Cleveland, Columbus, Ashland, OH; Detroit, MI)
- 1 Mission
- Ashland Theological Seminary is proud to be an organizational member of Christians for Biblical Equality
ATS Member Status: Accredited
910 Center Street
Ashland, OH 44805
Dr. John C. Shultz, President
Dr. Paul Chilcote, Academic Dean
Denomination: Brethren Church (Ashland, Ohio)
Fall 2012 Data:
Enrollment: 744 (360 FTE)
Faculty FT: 26
Faculty PT: 60
Approved Degrees: Master of Divinity, Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling, Master of Arts in Practical Theology, Master of Arts (Religion), Master of Arts (Biblical, Historical, Theological Studies), Doctor of Ministry.
Comprehensive distance education program: yes
Facebook – Friend us today.